Updated: Aug 3, 2022
In honor of National Poetry Month in April, ILA Magazine Group decided to offer Prompts, daily, but because of our busy schedules, it became weekly and the enthusiasm as well as participation was amazing! So, rather than announcing on our Facebook Group, we decided to post here, all of the BEST ENTRIES from our specific themed prompts chosen to be published in June.
On April 2nd, our Group Expert/Administrator, Sir Mushtaque B. Barq, came up with the theme, "GAZING AT MOON FROM THE BALCONY". We received many submissions and wishing we could choose all, we did however, select the BEST ENTRIES to be published here, on ILA BLOG in June. Poets listed without a title of poem, picked the Theme as their title. So, for this particular prompt, BEST ENTRIES are as follows: * IKWULONO MOHAMMED SENISON:
* JAYNOBO JAYMES: "At Moon From Balcony" * AMITABH MITRA: "Another Sudden Day"
* SAI PRAKASH: * DIPANJAN BHATTACHARJEE * SHENNI WALDRON
* NINFA VASQUEZ MATEO
The theme for our April 3rd Prompt was "JOURNEY THROUGH IMAGINATION" and following BEST ENTRIES are as follows: * RICHARD De LEON: "A Journey with a Purpose"
* ROBERT CELLES: "My Sunset Dreams"
* IKWULONO MOHAMMED SENISON: "Catalyst of Creativity" * MOHAMMAD HAMIM: "Imagination" * BANJIE ROMULO: "The Imaginary World"
The theme for our APRIL 4th PROMPT was "FEEDING THE HOMELESS."
Poets went with the flow and wrote whatever came to mind, the one requirement was that they had to write in 16 lines or less. There were many wonderful poems that stood out and touched our hearts, we decided to recognize Everyone who entered and participated with an award this month and the BEST ENTRIES we selected, would be published on ILA Blog: * RHOANNE LAMPACAN BOADO
* DEBRA J. MASKY
* LAXMAN RAO
* MUSHTAQUE B. BARQ * SHAMPA SAHA * SAI PRAKASH * ELAINE YANNI FINK * DIPINJAN BHATTACHARJEE
The theme for our April 6th PROMPT was "THE BLISS OF SOLITUDE". We asked our poets what the theme meant to them and how does it make one feel and write their poems in 16 lines or less. BEST ENTRIES chosen were as follows: * DAVID SOH: "In Silence"
* DIPANJAN BHATTACHARJEE * DOLORES LAPINID: "One is Not a Lonely Number"
* ZENAIDA LARAGAN TALOZA: "In Pensive Mood"
* CAROLINE Dy TUBALE: "The Power of Silence"
The theme for our April 11th PROMPT was "WHERE DO YOU FIND YOUR INNER PEACE", spending time in nature, Writing/Reading, Meditation, Exercise, Sports, Cooking, Volunteering or another not mentioned here. Poets were required to write a poem in 16 lines or less or, write a Micro Passage. We received so many wonderful responses and decided all would be recognized with some type of award. Below, the BEST ENTRIES chosen to be published on ILA BLOG: * GORDANA ANDONOVSKA: "River" * MANOJ KUMAR SATAPATHY: "Where Do You Find Your Inner Peace?"
* BOGDANA GAGEANU: "The Soul Rest"
On April 13th, 2022, our Group Expert/Admin, Dr. Amitabh Mitra, offered a Prompt and the Themed Topic was "THE AGE OF DENIM". Being a part of the denim age, as well as various phases, from clothing to alternative thinking in Poetry, Arts, Film and Music, it's a parallel, multi-dimensional movement. We asked poets to write their "fading blues" to a higher form of thought and activity. There was only ONE POET who came closest to the DENIM RAGE, so we are pleased to announce that Poet PRASANNA BHATTA has been chosen as BEST ENTRY for his SONNET, "The Age of Denim."
The theme for our April 19th Prompt, we kept in honor of EARTH DAY (April 22, 2022). Though EARTH DAY should be every day, it is observed in April and the world theme across the Globe for 2022 is "Invest in Our Planet." We asked poets to write a poem about EARTH, how can its wonderful elements be restored, how can natural resources be preserved before they become extinct and what does it mean to them? How does it affect them? What can humanity do to make a difference? Our hearts and souls were truly touched beyond measure, the entries submitted by all who participated in our prompt, so with that said, all poets will be recognized with a special award of recognition and the BEST ENTRIES selected will be published here on ILA Blog: * WALID BOUREGHDA: "The High-Tech Means" * PHILIBUS K. ELISHA ELISHA: "This Fuming Earth" * DOLORES LAPINID: "The Weeping Earth" * SUBHASHCHANDRA ADHAV: "Save Green Planet" * SNEZANA SOLKOTOVIC: "Let's Save Our Planet" * JAYNOBO JAYMES: "A Brighter Tomorrow"
* BIPIN TIWARI: "Dormitory Waiting Shed"
* IKWULONO MOHAMMED SENISON: "The Synergy of Nature's Beauty"
* NUTAN SARAWAGI: "Earth: Save Me - No Religion for Me"
* RAKESH CHANDRA: "I'll Not Hear the Nightingale"
* DEEPTI SHAKYA: "Save Mother Earth"
* ANJANA PRASAD: "Time to Act"
On April 19th, our Group Expert/Admin, Sir MUSHTAQUE B. BARQ, offered a Prompt. Poets were required to write a Short Story in Poetic Form. Below, BEST ENTRIES chosen: * LINDA IMBLER: "A Train to Somewhere" * BANJIE ROMULO: "The Plight of a Friend"
* PETROS K. VELOUDAS: "The Response of Silence"
* MAID ČORBIĆ: "When Life Knocks on Door"
* DOLORES LAPINID: "My First Wristwatch"
* RHOANNE LAMPACAN BOADO: "The Story of my Great Grandparents"
* MILDRED PAR: "Stand By"
Our last Prompt of the month was held on April 27th and the Theme was "LET IT BE - TRUTH IS BEAUTY..." Poets had to write a Poem in just TEN LINES, describing the expression and there were so many amazing entries, we decided to acknowledge everyone who participated with a Certificate of Recognition, hopefully to arrive this month and BEST ENTRIES to be published in JUNE. BEST ENTRIES: * PHILIBUS K. ELISHA ELISHA
* DEBRA J. MASKY
* SHENNI WALDRON * LEAH DANCEL * LORETA C. BANDE * MILDRED PAR * BOGDANA GAGEANU * SONAL RAO * JAYNOBO JAYMES * DENIA CLARET * FELIZ RUIZ
And that's it in a nutshell! I've added images in a slideshow, the pages of our Themed Prompts.